FACTS ABOUT SHELDON R-VIII SCHOOL DISTRICT
- The first grade school was established in 1884 and was located at 501 West Main.
- The first high school was established in 1894 and was located in a two story building at 208 North 1st Street.
- The first graduating class was in 1896 with 10 students.
- The new elementary school was constructed in ????
- A new high school was constructed in 1912 and still remains standing at 100 East Gene Lathrop Drive.
- In 1991 a new high school was constructed and connected to the cafeteria and elementary school.