SHELDON R-VIII SCHOOL DISTRICT OBJECTIVES
1. Seventy-five percent of Sheldon students will score at the proficient level or above on MAP all subject areas tested.
2. All Sheldon students (except for special service students) shall read at or above grade level.
3. Fifty percent of all seniors taking the ACT test will score at or above State average.
4. All students who graduate from the district shall be placed in post-secondary education, military training, and/or employment.
5. The Average Daily Attendance (ADA) of the district shall consistently exceed 96%, and dropouts will remain low (no more that 1 student per year.)
6. All 8th grades and seniors graduating from the district shall have successfully completed an "Exit Exam" which tests their academic skills and workplace preparation.
7. The school shall upgrade facilities and develop procedures as appropriate to provide an environment that is spatially adequate, modern, technologically advanced, and safe and drug-free.
8. The district shall expand its curriculum offerings and add/expand other academic options (such as job shadowing, distance learning, electronic classrooms, adult education, etc.) to prepare all students academically and technologically for the workplace and/or post-secondary education or training.